Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Poem...

I have always loved to write, and a lot of times I think of poems in my head, but forget to write them down. So, today I thought of one and wrote it down...

Hearts break, a child cries
Loneliness abounds, an old man dies
Cars are speeding, sirens sound
Anger controls, too many frown
Time is racing, people rush
Ignoring silence, pushing luck
Beauty falls without a glance
Fear consumes us, we fail to chance
But time will rob, the sun always sets
Don't be a vicitim of sadness, regret
Speak something kind, give in to a dare
Share a new secret, awake, be aware
Breathe deep, adore silence, sing a new song
Live in the moment, for soon it is gone

12 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

WOW Tam! You astonish me everyday. You are the most talented person I have ever known. I loved your poem. Did you get my message about Friday?!

Julie said...

I love it! You need to put some of your songs on your playlist. You are so talented.

Anonymous said...

That is amazing. I wish poems just came into my mind! I haven't seen you guys in forever! We need to plan something soon. Your little Preslee is perfect! Congrats on everything! Don't you love blogging for this purpose? Court

melforbes said...

Ok Tam, I think you are on a roll. You are really putting out the poetry the past few days. Kell loved hers!!! I'm so glad you are a blogger - it keeps me in touch. Thanks for sharing one of your many gifts. I love your guts! MOM

TC Jolley said...

You are so talented! I love, love, love your poem... I'm in awe!

Nat said...

Great poem! I didn't know you had that in you!! Awesome. See you soon.

The Tenney's said...

What CAN'T you do my friend. that was beautiful.

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

I can't believe you just came up with that, it seems like it should be in a book somewhere. Awesome!

Karlee Turner said...

Question for ya...How do you put music on your blog? I dont' really know how to do much with this whole blogging thing :)

Lindsay said...

Wow Tam this is awesome! You are so talented. And I love your new background, you'll have to tell me how you do that.

AnnDeO said...

Tam - great poem; it has a nice rhythm. If you haven't seen the movie ONCE you should watch it. Their writing process is fun to see and the music is amazing.

Isaac Family said...

That is awesome!!! I swear you are the most talented girl I know. I love it!!!