Friday, May 3, 2013

perspective.

the kids trampoline playing last fall

i love friends, quotes, and talks that help me keep perspective each day as a mother.
i love talking with other moms who inspire me to be better each day...
i could sit around with them and talk for days.
it's so fun.
 
one friend shared a quote that i haven't heard in a long time,
but it's one of my favorites.
 
“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. … I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less”
-anna quindlen
 
4, 6, and 1.
that's my babies right now.
oh, how i love this journey of motherhood.
it makes me want to be better every single day.
it pushes me to become who God wants me to be.
it is amazing.
hard,
beautiful,
joyful,
hard,
rewarding,
fun,
hard,
humbling,
so fulfilling,
amazing.


3 comments:

geeno said...

oh i love this tam. you're so good at taking the photos and recording sweet details that will help you remember what those moments are/were like. thanks for that reminder and that great quote.

Stephanie said...

I have felt so many emotions lately in regards to motherhood, many of which you included in your list. Some weeks it just seems plain hard, others are so fulfilling, and sometimes I am completely humbled. What a ride!

-Steph

Stephanie said...

I have felt so many emotions lately in regards to motherhood, many of which you included in your list. Some weeks it just seems plain hard, others are so fulfilling, and sometimes I am completely humbled. What a ride!

-Steph