Tuesday, April 23, 2013

today and waves.

 today was an amazing day.
mostly the first half.
it was warm out, we walked preslee to school as a family, and tilled the garden.
i just wanted to freeze time.
notice jonah's shoes...he prefers to wear one of each color. boy's got style.
 
i think life is kind of like being in the waves of the ocean.
most times you don't easily ride.
you fight,
you paddle like no other to keep from getting swallowed up.
you work really hard to keep your head above the water,
and at the end of each wave you are tired and worn,
sick of swimming.
but then sometimes God sends the perfect wave,
the kind you can ride.
your body and soul relax, and you ride effortlessly for a moment.
and while your riding that wave you look around and think,
all is well.
today i had an all is well day.
i rode that wave like a pony.
 i love being outside with my family,
in the yard,
the kids frolicking, dirty, and giggly.
it's my happy place.
 we are going to plant
tomatoes (we've started the plants in our bedroom window sill), peppers, pumpkins, zuccini, yellow squash, strawberries, carrots, and we'll see what else:)
 even marshballs marshmallow was filling up my heart today:)

 all is well:)

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Man you are such a good writer Tam. You have so many talents it's amazing!!! I LOVE that you were tilling your garden in your cute red skirt. You are one classy mamma!!

Sure miss you!

geeno said...

ahhh what a treat - i haven't visited the blogging world for quite some time and now i remember how much i love your blog, your thoughts, your photos, your outlook on life. i love this.

so... do you seriously garden in that lovely outfit??? I've been sporting my grubbiest capri sweats and mud bustin boots - maybe i'd feel more scenic and serene in a nice ensemble :)

K.E.N said...

I absolutely agree with your metaphor about life being like an ocean...I feel that way a lot and I do love the days when riding the waves seem easier and enjoyable.

Kaitlan said...

I love your posts. "Marshballs" hahaha! She looks so cute and tiny i want to squeeze her! I wish i could come garden with you. Love you! You're inspiring!

Cassie said...

love this Tamara!!! Very well written and very inspiring, thank you !