Monday, July 11, 2011

magical.

 this last week has been a magical one for me.
i have loved seeing preslee and jonah play...
the kind of play where their imaginations run wild,
and anything is possible.
 the kind where i plant a small idea in their head,
and they create worlds around it.

i love watching them catch fireflies,
giddy with wonder that a bug can actually light up the night.
 oh to be like a child.
they make me so happy.

3 comments:

AnnDeO said...

You would really like the book, "lotions, potions and slime, mudpies and more." I miss having the little minds creating big play. Only problem was Chase was usually really literal. Like using a whole coffee can of soupmix to make soup in the tub. Or flooding the kitchen so we could ice skate.

Ashley said...

Too cute. I love how creative and fun kids are and you too!! You are such a fun and exciting mother.

StephenEmily Stacey said...

You are inspiring. I'm in a slump right now and just trying to make it through the exhaustion of each day. Someday I'll find the magical moments again...probably after I'm not so sleep deprived and Steve gets home from out rotations.