last night I got home from a new York vacation with my mom and sisters.
just us girls went.
it was amazing!
so fun, carefree, filled with adult conversation,
uninterrupted sleep,
endless walking the streets with a bite of cold
that made me feel so alive.
you see, in ohio we stay home a lot.
it's easier that way with naps, eating, playing.
and it costs money to go most places/do most things.
and money is something that we see little of around here:)
most days I get the 2 big kids off to school and me and the little girls stay in our jammies till noon if we can.
and oh, how that New York trip was invigorating and such a needed break for me.
I must confess, I was not quite ready to come home...
back to the laundry, the grey ohio skies, the interrupted sleep,
the mundane...
but then this morning my kids greeted me with their squeals,
"mommy, you're home!!"
"mommy, I missed you!!"
"mommy, can you take me with you next time?!"
and oh, how my heart exploded.
they are mine.
I am their mother.
they are the best thing that has ever happened to me.
I love their little hands,
their individual complexities,
their messes,
their dances,
their LIFE, so full of LIFE!
this "mundane" of motherhood is beautiful.
I devote my life to them.
I want to see them become whoever they want to be.
I want to show them that the world around them is full of abundance and beauty.
I want them to know that they matter,
that the world truly would not be the same without them.
and that God made them just the way they are on purpose.
*this week i am going to be writing a lot.
i feel the need to put my heart on my sleeve (aka my computer screen:)
love, tam


3 comments:
You're such a good mama and example!! I love these images of your little sweeties! :)
beautifully said. I loved every word of this post.
Look forward to hearing more from you:)
Post a Comment