Tuesday, July 27, 2010

sunflowers and train tracks.

"I'd rather be a mother than anyone on earth

bringing up a child or two of unpretentious birth...
i'd rather tuck a little child all safe and sound in bed
than twine a chain of diamonds about my [carefree] head.
i'd rather wash a smudgy face with round, bright, baby eyes
than paint the pageantry of fame or walk among the wise."
-Meredeith Gray from The Beauty of Motherhood
"if we really stop to think about what we do, really do, we are building for the centuries. we are building character, and tradition, and values, which meander like a river into the distance and out of our sight, but on and on and on."
-Anna Quindlen
photos taken by my cute new friend Rachel.

20 comments:

Tara said...

The first one is my all time favorite!

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 said...

those are soe seriously gorgeous pictures and i love the jumping one...so cute!

Elle and Clint Stallings said...

I love, love the one of you and Jonah. Just breathtaking..

The Brady Bunch said...

GREAT pictures!!!

Amberlee said...

Tamara! These pictures are BEAUTIFUL- I love the first one especially- wow!

Keely said...

awesome all around :)

I was quite confused when i first followed the link on my blog dashboard though - in the text box the text preview showed up as "I'd rather be a mother than anyone on earth bringing up a child or two of unpretentious birth" - I was trying to figure out if they had gone and changed the definition of 'unpretentious' on me when I wasn't looking!

Glad to see it was simply missing the context of the photos! (and gorgeous photos they are!)

Thanks for making me smile.

Unknown said...

so beautiful.

Karlee Turner said...

Those pictures are absolutely beautiful! You are such a gorgeous mom and I love those quotes!

Heidi said...

Tam, you're gorgeous! Those pictures are great and I love, love that poem.

{cindy} said...

Hi there,
Popping in from Amy's blog!
Your photos are beautiful and so is your family.
I look forward to reading some of your older posts. :)
Enjoy the night

geeno said...

lovely - all of it - simply lovely!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

oh, tamara, this post is so sweet! you are so beautiful. it is so fun to watch you interact with your kids. they are so lucky to have a mom like you. thanks for the pictures you took for us too, i love them so much! this was so fun!

Jill said...

tam your gorgeous and I love your kids! great pictures:)

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Man, that was a good pick me up for a mother in a funk right now! Thanks, and your friend is so talented!

Jill said...

Love, Love the pictures! You are a beautiful Mom and so cute with the kids!! They are so lucky to have you for their Mom!!

Megan said...

Cute Tam! Miss you :(

Unknown said...

tamara, these pics are BEAUTIFUL. i just viewed them on rachel's blog and i was so impressed. you guys did a fantastic job that day :) i see your family is in town but PLEASE let's get together after.
xo

K.E.N said...

Good gracious you are amazing. Check.

Staci Davies said...

You make me smile, as always. (and almost cry) I love your quotes always. Good reminders of what's most important. Give your kids kisses, and have fun with your family!

Tamara Jacobs said...

oh thanks so much you guys.
xoxo
tam