Monday, June 29, 2009

i got this purple bike for my 19th birthday.
why did i not pack it in the uhaul when we moved?
sad.
i used to ride it all the time.
jade, remember when we would pump around the neighborhood?
i know you've all pumped someone on a bike before,
and if you haven't you really should.
it's fun:)
that basket used to ride empty back in the day,
but now it is filled with the best thing i could have ever thought to put in it...
my daughter.
she loves it:) it is just her size.
in fact, tonight while i tickled her back before letting her fall asleep,
i asked her what she was going to dream about and she told me,
"our purple bike."
that's my preslee.
and so tonight i'm going to dream about me and preslee riding this purple bike all the way home to missouri.
i think we both have the heart to pull it off.

9 comments:

Aly said...

That picture is precious! it could be in a magazine. so cute.

Linds Forrest said...

I agree with Aly, that picture is perfect for a magazine! You free to do lunch this week?! Love you!

Erin Bradley said...

That iS ADORABLE!

Kaitlan said...

That bike is rad! Great Pic.

Jill said...

I love your Purple bike! And Preslee's favorite color! If we drive out that way, we'll bring it to you!!! You are such a darling Mommy!!

Ashley said...

I love you bike! I want one like that so bad. Such a cute picture

Brad and Jade said...

I do remember that Tam! Those were the good old days, now you can pump with Pres! Love that bike we had so much fun on that thing.

Breanne said...

You are seriously such a great writer! I love to read your posts, always so poetic and fun. Just tell me when you write your first book, I am dying to read it!

Lindsay said...

I remember your purple bike, I love it! I love that Preslee rides in the basket with you. That is so fun. She is such a cutie pie.