Friday, May 8, 2009

some days the heart feels heavier than others.

(the last picture of my Grandma and Preslee together.
taken just a few weeks before her death.)

When someone close to you is taken suddenly it changes you forever.
it was a year ago today that my Grandma passed away.
my every waking moment has been filled with memories of her today.
i miss her.
i love her so much.
i can't wait to see her again.
i love the memories i have with her. they are so many.
this morning i remembered when i called her on my way to work the morning
after todd told me he loved me for the first time.
she was so excited with me.
i thought of the time when i was pregnant with preslee and she cooked the most
delicious capered chicken for us.
i think i ate 6 pieces of it and she laughed at how hungry i was.
she was the best cook. the very best.
i could go on and on about the little beautiful moments and times that i shared with her.
i know that she's happy now.
she still visits me in my dreams. i know she is close.
i love you forever grandma.
xoxo,
me

9 comments:

Nikki said...

That was a sweet post. It makes me want to shout to all of my loved ones and let them know how much they mean to me. You just never know.

Sara said...

oh tam, i just want to cry with you!
i can't imagine how much you miss her.

love you.

Linds Forrest said...

Tam I love you!!! More than ronza's and ice cream and even more than peanut m&m's. 4 weekends! LOVE YOU!

The Baldwin's said...

Oh Tam, I knew this was coming up, I'm so sorry and I know how hard it is to lose a Grandma, they are so special. That was a beautiful post, I cried with you today :)

TLJ said...

She made me feel like I was her best friend from the first day I met her. My heart misses her.

Love you Saundra!

Nat said...

It's still weird for me to think that she is gone, it's even stranger to think it's been a year. There are so many memories that I have that have helped me get through the last year. Grandma was such a special person. I know she's watching over us.

Brad and Jade said...

I can't believe it's been a year Tam. What a sweet Grandma, your so lucky that you guys were so close. Now you'll always have the best memories of her. Love you Tam, hope you doing good.

Megan said...

What a sweet post Tam, she sounds like she was an amazing grandma and what wonderful memories you have of her. And that picture is so precious, how lucky you are to have it.

melforbes said...

Wasn't she a beautiful person! She left some pretty big shoes to fill and it still doesn't feel right that she just isn't popping her head around a corner to say hi or to offer comfort and food...always food. Thanks for honoring her and remembering...it feels good to talk about her and remember how lucky we were to have her in our lives.