Monday, March 24, 2008

happy Easter!

We had a fun Easter day. We went to my grandparent's house in Park City, and then out to see their new house being built in Henefer, and to my Great-Grandpa's ranch too. My family has this awesome tradition of throwing Easter eggs down my great grandpa Edison's big hill every Easter. Most of the time it turns into one big egg fight, or someone becomes the target down at the bottom of the hill. Todd is still getting used to this tradition:) It doesn't seem weird to me, cause we've done it all my life, but to an outsider coming in, it could be pretty weird I guess:) But, we all loved throwing eggs at my bro who was riding Grandpa Edison's tractor on the road below the big hill! Preslee loved being on the ranch too! She was loving the horses, playing in the dirt, and just being outside. I hope that someday we can live on a ranch, and have horses of our own! Oh, I would LOVE that!

Here are some pictures of the day...there's one of 5 generations! It's Preslee's Great-Great Grandpa Edison, Great-Grandma Saundra, Grandma Mel, Me and her! Pretty neat that she still has a Great-Great Grandpa around! He is 89 years old and going strong!
p.s..The Easter Bunny brought Todd a new mountain bike this year! Sneaky bunny:)

11 comments:

RYAN said...

well easter just looked like an eggciting time full of eggactly the kind family eggstravaganzas that we come to cherish.
nice kabota
ryan

AnnDeO said...

I can't believe grandpa let you throw eggs at his new tractor. I'm sad we had to leave before the egg fight festivities began. What a crazy tradition.

Nat said...

I'm sad that we weren't there for the festivities. It sounds like you had fun. We miss everyone so much!

Alisha, Paul and Leila said...

Sounds like a very fun Easter! Preslee is so cute, I love her cute outfit.

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

Holidays are so fun with kids. I am glad you guys had a good Easter! Sounds like your family has some fun traditions to carry on.

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

I could so see you living on a Ranch one day, totally your element. I think it would be way cool!

Kell said...

That was a fun day sista! I love ya :)

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

So fun, and lucky Todd to get a new bike! Preslee is such a darling little girl.

Isaac Family said...

Looks like you had a fun day! Easter is the BEST!

Kristen said...

We need a new Easter Bunny at our house. He only brought Milo some bubbles and match box cars. Lucky Todd.

The Frame Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Easter! I bet Todd was way excited about his bike :) Preslee is so cute in her little dress!