Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The YEAR that WAS...

Well, it's crazy to think that another year has already come! I love New Years Day because I always end up reflecting on the past year, and then wondering what this new year will bring. Here are some of our most memorable moments from 2007...

-Awaiting the arrival of our little baby girl...we had 2 false alarms/hospital stays before it was the real deal! During the last weeks of my pregnancy we experienced the miracle of her going from experiencing cardiac stress to everything being okay.
-March 5th, 7AM- Preslee Kae's sweet arrival! 7 lbs 8 oz.- holding her for the first time was indescribable!
-Taking on the new adventure of being parents, which involved a lot of learning, and a new respect for our own parents' years of hard work.
-Finding out that Todd didn't get into medical school, and realizing that he would be applying again for the third time...with that came many lessons of patience and faith.
-The birth of Preslee's BFF cousins Bauer and Chloe(each on different sides of the fam).
-My 23rd Birthday! Todd threw me a huge party and made it one of the best birthdays ever!
-Our two year ANNIVERSARY of HoLy MaTriMony!
-Lindsey and James tie the knot! (Todd's little sis) -love you guys!:)
-Toddy's 27th BIRTHDAY!!!!
-Preslee learns to crawl, clap, say dada,and do the cutest little fake laugh you have ever heard.
-Todd gets a new job at the IMC hospital in the pathology department, which he loves!
-Preslee starts officially sleeping through the night at 9 months- bless her little heart! I must say that I have loved this last month of much needed sleeping through the night!!!
-Todd goes for med school interviews as we pray our heads off that this is the year!
-We find out that TODD GETS IN TO MEDICAL SCHOOL!!! WOOHOO!!!! HAPPY DAY!
-Preslee's first Christmas, making it THE BEST Christmas ever.

-Well, my list has turned out to be a little longer than I thought:) The most precious memory from last year though was holding my baby girl for the very first time and watching Todd be the greatest daddy in the world. I never would have thought that this last year could bring me so so much happiness! Love you 2007!

10 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

Your list is so awesome Tam! Thank you again for coming over last night, it was so much fun! I just love little Preslee... she is so funny! I love you!!

Lindsey Sharp said...

Tam you are the cutest mom! I loved watching my husband become a dad too. it brings a whole new love in your relationship! It is such a blessing! Good luck with all your changes this coming year!

Anika said...

Every time I see a picture of Preslee I can't believe how cute she is! I want to see her in person! We all need to get together soon, before you leave us!

Kristen said...

Tam...I hope you don't thing I am a blog stalker...I always feel a little guilty about reading your blog since I don't know you that well, and I may have only met you in your wedding line. But My parents love you and your family and I think your and Todd's family is absoulutely darling!! I love to see what is going on with you three. I am so excited that Todd made it into medical school, as I bet you are too. I couldn't picture anything else for him. He is one persistant bugger, a lot of other people would have given up by now. And you are an awesome wife for supporting him through all the ups and downs that come along with it. One of our other friends wanted to go to dental school and he didn't make it in on the first try so his wife's dad offered him to take over the family business of being a mortitian...yuck. Glad that wasn't me. Happy New Year and good luck with everything.

The Tenney's said...

you made me get all teary-eyed! its amazing what our little ones do to our lives, everything has so much more meaning. happy new year!

Aly said...

That picture of Todd and Preslee is so sweet! You guys are a darling family. I am so excited for you guys and your adventure this year. Good luck with everything!!

Nat said...

I love your list. I kind of copied you and did something like that on my blog! Hope you don't mind. Only two more weeks and we will get to hang out a lot!! Happy New Year!

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

Tamara, what a neat list. I am so excited about med. school! Do you know where you will go yet? I am so happy for you!

AnnDeO said...

Tam, I'm glad you had a good year. I hope that you understand what the pennants are for. I just thought they would be fun decorations. I heard that Uncle Tony is using them as a sort of burlesque costume. Have a good 2008! Dee

pinklover said...

Now that is a year to be thankful for. The picture of Todd and the baby sleeping is priceless.
I hope 2008 brings you more of the same happiness.
Shannon (the lab)